Coffee Rum Cookies Recipe
|Hot Beverages||Cold Beverages||Cakes and Pastries||Rubs and Sauces|
Decorate these sophisticated tasting Coffee Rum Cookies with chocolate and coconut for an elegant look.
Yields: 150 cookies
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 16 oz pkg light brown sugar
3 sticks margarine
1 1/3 cups shortening
4 tsp. rum extract
8 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. coffee(dissolved in drop of hot water)
- Beat eggs on high speed, until fluffy.
- Add sugars, margarine, and shortening, and mix.
- Replace beaters with dough hook.
- Add rest of ingredients and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into four parts. Roll each part into a narrow log (1 1/2 inch wide, 12-15 inches long)
- Place logs into plastic bags and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut into thin slices to form cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. (Do not overbake.)
- Decorating tips- dip into chocolate and sprinkle with shredded coconut.